Gearbox Speedo Drive

Hi

Well my problem is as above ...... 2 good quality stag overdrive speedo drive dogs (from the best supplier out there) MELTED, after maybe 200 miles each on the motorway ....... so no speedo or trip meter on the last two rallies that Rob and I have done (still good results, which makes me wonder .........) anybody else experience this ?

There is the correct amount of oil in the box and the drive dog is as dry as a witches t*t;

Ive got to the point where I think one of the following is happening;

1. Oil pump in the overdrive wilting and failing to supply oil to the rear of the overdrive unit ? (OD is also becoming slow to engage and reluctant to dis engage (sticking or duff acc. pump));

2. Oil feed hole on the rear section of the OD unit (annulus) either missing or blocked, so no oil is getting to the drive dog and heat is building up .....

Either way I think its all got to come out and be spread over the floor in one of my favourite gearbox marathons ....... but before I do (or maybe TR Enterprises do ...) anybody got any further advice ?

Regards

Tony

Tony it does sound as if you arent getting enough pressure to give good engagement but that wouldnt explain reluctance to disengage, if there is no oil at all in the drive dog section then as you surmise it could be that something has blocked the oil flow and its possible that you have debris floating around :( Looks like you are about to be intimate (Ooer missus!)with the box again soon.

Stuart