TR6 wiper system

Guest Wyn

I have been considering this conversion and I also quite like the Revington column switches.

I have had a price for labour from RTR for fitting both which is far beyond what I could justify spending on a wiper conversion (over £900 labour only inc VAT, this is an estimate and it could be more). I have received an email from them concerning the column switches and I quote 'It is good that you are considering this as fitting a TR6 wiper system to a TR5 is otherwise nearly impossible'. Why is it not possible to fit a TR6 system with a TR6 'dasboard' switch? which is an alternative I would have considered.

Any advice would be appreciated

Wyn

I have been considering this conversion and I also quite like the Revington column switches.

I have had a price for labour from RTR for fitting both which is far beyond what I could justify spending on a wiper conversion (over £900 labour only inc VAT, this is an estimate and it could be more). I have received an email from them concerning the column switches and I quote 'It is good that you are considering this as fitting a TR6 wiper system to a TR5 is otherwise nearly impossible'. Why is it not possible to fit a TR6 system with a TR6 'dasboard' switch? which is an alternative I would have considered.

Any advice would be appreciated

Wyn

Wyn, which style TR6 switch are you thinking of, the early toggle switch or the later rotary switch ?. That rotary switch leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.

Stan

Neither Stan. it's the column stalk switching arrangement with two speed wipers, wiper sweep, screen wash and dip switch. I like the arrangement, I don't like what it would cost me to have it fitted and it will only work with a TR6 wiper system.

Wyn

The TR5 system works Wyn,you do not need the TR6 wiper motor.It is fairly simple to get right but you have to be a bit ambidextrous though.You will have to find the correct three terminal switch to make it work.

Regards Harry.

P.S.Put the money to a better cause.

The TR5 system works Wyn,you do not need the TR6 wiper motor.It is fairly simple to get right but you have to be a bit ambidextrous though.You will have to find the correct three terminal switch to make it work.

Regards Harry.

P.S.Put the money to a better cause.

Wyn

I am with Harry on this one you can go ott and lose it's original charm to a certain extent and you know what I mean?

Neil

Edited by ntc

Harry,

You know what happened to my switch which is now really starting to bug me!! It's strange that both the motor and switch fail at the very same moment.

Wyn

Edited by Wyn