Hi Billy,

Maybe a bit to far for you to travel Australia. We should have the car to the dyno shop next week it will be interesting to see what HP it has. The guy doing the work is involved in V8 racing here in Australia and has modified some V8 throttle bodies. Will have more pictures soon.

Regards Jim

Hi Viv,

Just finished the TR2 Turbo as we had some problems with it over heating. Now fixed! Just some minor touch up on the paint work and it's ready to go. 225HP at the rear wheels so it's got more than enough power for a TR2. Not sure about Threbo still thinking about it.

Regards Jim

Very nice, Jim!

Pictures of the car in raod state, rather than assembly?

Two questions:

1/ How dod you arrange the triggering for the EFI (+ ignition?). Trigger wheel on crank?

2/ Radial drillings on the discs? As drillings lead to cracks, won't this hasten disintegration? All the drillings I've seen have been on a spiral line, so the cracks don't join up so well.

John

Very nice, Jim!

Pictures of the car in raod state, rather than assembly?

Two questions:

1/ How dod you arrange the triggering for the EFI (+ ignition?). Trigger wheel on crank?

2/ Radial drillings on the discs? As drillings lead to cracks, won't this hasten disintegration? All the drillings I've seen have been on a spiral line, so the cracks don't join up so well.

John

The TR5 currently not really in road state just need the trim and some final panels fitted. Well spotted with the brakes I had the same question but I have been assured that they have been tested under race conditions without a failure. Will let you know if they fail. These come from Prirace in the USA I would not recommend them for anything. All my other TR's have AP racing callipers and disks. The weight saving with this set up is enormous on a std setup about half the weight with the custom alloy hubs. We are having some slotted disks made to replace them with as soon as any cracking happens. I reckon these disk from PRI are of a motor bike.

On the TR5 just triggered through the ignition on my other TR'S on the crank.

Regards Jim

Hi if you are interested have a look at my restoration. All external panels are alloy including the surrey top. Custom EFI system and many other mods.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Jimcun2001/LightWeightEFITR5

looks mighty interesting Jim..... any more details on the EFI system ?

thanks

john

OH...and what is that contraption in the sump? :blink:

looks mighty interesting Jim..... any more details on the EFI system ?

thanks

john

OH...and what is that contraption in the sump? :blink:

Let's see we will be running a micotrech ECU with modified V8 throttle bodies and a custom manifold. Will get my engineer to give me more details on this and send them on. The contraption in the sump is a an nice baffle setup.

Regards Jim

What a cracker.Just love it!.Is the colour Jasmine?.My TR5 is painted in Jasmine and apart from mine,I have only seen two more.

I would love to see the spec on the fuel injection as this is something that will not go away and I have it nagging inside my head to do something more positive on EFI.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter. :rolleyes:

What a cracker.Just love it!.Is the colour Jasmine?.My TR5 is painted in Jasmine and apart from mine,I have only seen two more.

I would love to see the spec on the fuel injection as this is something that will not go away and I have it nagging inside my head to do something more positive on EFI.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter. :rolleyes:

G'day Harry! The paint is "who knows" I took an old panel to the paint shop and they made one to match which I liked more than the previous colour. Will keep you posted on the EFI I am really looking forward to driving this car. Regards Jim