I recently replaced my calipers, disc rotors, pads, felexible pipes for satinless and had to remove the servo and master. Having returned the car to the road I feel unquestionably the brakes lack the bite they once had and there is a slight sticking when the pedal is returning from being fully depressed. I have done a few hundred miles or so so its not a bedding in problem and have now bled the brakes twice. The initial bite when the pedal is depressed seems fine then it seems to fade. You have to exert a lot of pressure on them as the car is brought to a standsstill. There is no apparent leakage of fluid. Ther does seem to be a bit of fluid where the rear of the master cylinder and the brake fluid reservoir meet but not enough to generate a 'drip'. The servo appears to be working albeit its not great. I dont want to spen a fortune on new seervo and or master unless it will sort the problem. Finally as Ive said as you release the pedal from braking there is a slight sticking in the movement just discernable. Hints and tips appreciated.

Does the pedal feel like you are pressing a lump of wood?.If it does,I would suggest it could be the servo.Try starting the engine with your foot on the brake and if the servo is working it will go down slightly.

Regards Harry.

Robin

What pads?

If Green stuff do a search on the TR6 Forum to see some views on "woodenness" of these.

Regards

Tim

Pads are Greenstuff and yep I know they are a bit wooden. This however doesnt answer the bite question fully nor the need for lots of foot pressure. I have tested the servo and there is a bit of depression on startup which quickly goes once driven, ie the pedal become a lot more responsive and bites a lot earlier. Its the fact that after the initial bite which seems great the efficiency deteoriates sharply as you gradually come to a stop...

I will be trying to get to the Ace this Staurday so if anyone is around will solicit thoughts. BTW its a 68 TR5 which was off the road for many years.... I am just speculating that perhaps its just old age and lack of use. BTW any thoughts on the slight 'sticking' , just wondering if this is a relevant symtom of just a sticky pedal....

Subject to weather I will be at The Ace Cafe in My TR5.I have used Greenstuff and found them wooden.I now use Mintex 1144 and found them so,so much better with plenty of grip.This is my own personal findings of course.

Regards Harry. :blink: