O rings and injectors

Hi all,

Where can I order Viton seals from (and what size is the correct one)?

How many different types of injectors are there? Are they interchangeable and is one type better than the other? I don't know whether mine are push or screw in. Was going to have a look tonight weather-permitting but am going to be home very late. Grrrr....

Thanks!

Eli

Hi all,

Where can I order Viton seals from (and what size is the correct one)?

How many different types of injectors are there? Are they interchangeable and is one type better than the other? I don't know whether mine are push or screw in. Was going to have a look tonight weather-permitting but am going to be home very late. Grrrr....

There are 3 types of in injector; one has a crimped end & cannot be dismantled for servicing; probably not many of these left now. The other 2 types have a circlip holding the poppet valve in the injector body & can be dismantled & there are 2 different types of these; one with a pip & one without a pip. The one with the pip is easier to bleed as you can pull the poppet valve off its seat with your finger nails, can’t do that with the other one, otherwise no difference in operation.

The injector has a nylon collar which has an external O ring & there a re 2 types of these; one screws onto the injector & the other is pushes on; both types of collar push into the induct manifold & are held in place with a keep plate.

Size of the injector O rings is:

O/D = 5/16”

I/D = 3/16”

Here’s a site but Google will bring up many:

http://www.altecweb.com/home.asp?cat=Subcategory8110

There are 3 types of in injector; one has a crimped end & cannot be dismantled for servicing; probably not many of these left now. The other 2 types have a circlip holding the poppet valve in the injector body & can be dismantled & there are 2 different types of these; one with a pip & one without a pip. The one with the pip is easier to bleed as you can pull the poppet valve off its seat with your finger nails, can’t do that with the other one, otherwise no difference in operation.

The injector has a nylon collar which has an external O ring & there a re 2 types of these; one screws onto the injector & the other is pushes on; both types of collar push into the induct manifold & are held in place with a keep plate.

Size of the injector O rings is:

O/D = 5/16”

I/D = 3/16”

Here’s a site but Google will bring up many:

http://www.altecweb.com/home.asp?cat=Subcategory8110

Many thanks Richard! I'll check mine out as soon as I have a free (and dry) few minutes.

Eli

Hozelok adaptor removed from garden hose for measuring... O ring very reluctant to come off, so measured in situ. It looks metric, but nearest imperial size would be 5/8th x 1/8th. Not entirely sure it is the right material, though - although if it turns out that the stuff that comes out of my hose is unleaded, I shall be mightly pleased.

Having re-read the last few words, I think I might have left myself open to misinterpretation here :o

Kevin

Eli

Getting back to injector seals, I take it you mean the seals inside the injector, Revingtons sell them part number RTR4345 INJECTOR TIP SEAL

Ex VAT: £0.88 Inc VAT: £1.03

Cheers

Bill

How would you say that compares with £4.50 + P&P for a bag of 50 “O” rings? ;) Now that's some mark up!

Edited by Richard Crawley

I have just had a bag of 50 of these delivered but in between ordering them and them arriving I have decided to fit Webers, so if any body wants six pm me your name and address and you're welcome to them gratis.

• 2 months later...

Great information on the viton injector seals for a newcomer, many thanks

by any chance is there a list or specification for the seals and O Rings etc by size?

John