All take and no give

Recently it seems that I am asking a lot of questions, as always getting great info from the forum, but I'm not able to contribute much to everyone else and the many other topics

I'm sure that many others feel the same way, but I just thought I'd take the chance to thank those who so willingly help all of usall the time and to those who seem to have so much info at their finger tips

I'm 12,000 miles away from the spiritual birthplace of my 5 and info is simply not as readily available over here as over in the UK or as we would like.

So thanks again, and in July when I am in the UK and at Malvern I'd love to catch up with forum members and say thanks the aussie way, with a handshake and a beer

Cheers

Andy

Recently it seems that I am asking a lot of questions, as always getting great info from the forum, but I'm not able to contribute much to everyone else and the many other topics

I'm sure that many others feel the same way, but I just thought I'd take the chance to thank those who so willingly help all of usall the time and to those who seem to have so much info at their finger tips

I'm 12,000 miles away from the spiritual birthplace of my 5 and info is simply not as readily available over here as over in the UK or as we would like.

So thanks again, and in July when I am in the UK and at Malvern I'd love to catch up with forum members and say thanks the aussie way, with a handshake and a beer

Cheers

Andy

Andy:

As far as I am concerned you are very welcome. I have found that TR people including those that frequent this forum are just as passionate about helping others as they are about their cars. :)

Cheers,

Frank

Andy , I second Frank on that one, I was in the same state as you about 8 or 9 years ago , asking loads and giving not a lot , once you have taken your car to bits and put it back together the pendulum starts to swing the other way , new members come along ,ask the questions and you can then answer them . Hopefully that way the knowledge will remain with the club as a whole and our cars will remain on the road where they belong.

Cheers

Andy

Good on yer mate! And fair dinkum!!! :lol:

Hope to be able to get to Malvern myself!

ATB

Andy

Your comments are, I'm sure, much appreciated by the regulars.

I can related to your situation ,unfortunately there is no quick fix for experiece.It's acquired by hard graft and mistakes.

The satisfaction is passing on that knowledge so that others don't do the same...losing either time/ money/ or a good result.

What you haven't appreciated is that during your learning curve you are subtly being taught "patience".It seems to me that you need

a lot of that during your restoration to eventually enjoy TR motoring.

Relax, be patient..your turn will come to give something back, just like those before you.

Hope you make it to Malvern this year.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...