Hi everyone

I'm trying to get some vinyl door top pulls for a TR5 (same as the TR6 - I think!!)

My preferred trim supplier (Skinners) no longer supplies them and I'm not sure how the other suppliers compare

Does anyone have any experience with these products and a supplier that they can recommend

Many thanks

Andy

Hi everyone

I'm trying to get some vinyl door top pulls for a TR5 (same as the TR6 - I think!!)

My preferred trim supplier (Skinners) no longer supplies them and I'm not sure how the other suppliers compare

Does anyone have any experience with these products and a supplier that they can recommend

Many thanks

Andy

Andy,

I had a set ordered a few years back from either Moss or Rimmer, when they came down they looked ok, but they were hard plastic with a vinyl finish. Problem was they were an absolute **** fit. :angry: They did not fit the profile of the door where it rises up.

In despiration i got out the dremel and removed some of the insides. :blink: I have fitted them but not brilliant. I intend to fit the wooden variety to match the dash .

If you are coming to Malvern, i would have a look there.

There may be other suppliers that do better versions but i dont know for sure.

Regards

Guy

Hi everyone

Many thanks

Andy

Andy

I got my new ones from Carl at TR Trader and they are fantastic. They were very easy to use and work very well. Mine is a '6, but I think they are very similar. Carl will give you any info you need - he knows his stuff!

His contact details are here - http://www.trtrader.com/

Roger (Pogo)

Hi Andy,

The Roadster Factory in Pennsylvania ( world's largest Triumph parts supplier ) have excellent vinyl covered foam trim pieces, faithful in appearance and apparently much more resistant to cracking over time. Fit is perfect and price is reasonable.

www.the-roadster-factory.com

I haven't a clue what these other suppliers are peddling :huh:.

While you're in the process you might consider retrofitting TR4 door pull handles. This popular mod uses the existing holes ( sans captive nuts though ) carried over from the earlier cars. I soldered nuts to a strip of steel and pop-riveted them behind the inner door skin in line with the holes. Besides improving the appearance they will lengthen the life of the door top pulls in question ;)

I bought one for mine last year and it was rubbish. On querying with the supplier I was told that there were two types available the 'cheap' one (incidentally made in Oz for some reason) which doesn't fit and looks 'orrible, and the expensive one which turned out to be OK. There wasn't that much difference in price so why anyone bothers with the cheap variety is beyond me.

Jerry