Are These Seats Correct for My Car

I recently purchased a 65(?) TR4, and was wondering if the seats that came with it are stock. It came with the surrey top and has high back seats. I don't see any other TR4 pictures online that show one with these same seats. Please HELP! I would like to stay true to original. I also may be looking to sell it to someone who has always wanted a TR4 Surrey Top car. let me know if interested.

post-5630-1200924033_thumb.jpg

post-5630-1200924149_thumb.jpg

post-5630-1200924160_thumb.jpg

post-5630-1200924033_thumb.jpg

post-5630-1200924149_thumb.jpg

post-5630-1200924160_thumb.jpg

Joshua I think they are TR6 seats as your car shouldnt have head rests on the seats. This TR4 on US ebay has the correct early TR4 seats fitted. TR4

Stuart.

The seats Stuart detailed are certainly for an early TR4 (1961 & 1962) but they are the early bucket type also fitted to the TR3A - I think our friend from overseas has a 1965 car so they should be like Gary's TR4 @ TRGB.........

Edited by marko
I recently purchased a 65(?) TR4, and was wondering if the seats that came with it are stock.

It came with the surrey top and has high back seats. I don't see any other TR4 pictures online

that show one with these same seats. Please HELP! I would like to stay true to original.

I also may be looking to sell it to someone who has always wanted a TR4 Surrey Top car.

let me know if interested.

Hi Joshua,

There were three (at least) variants of seats fitted to the TR4. You can get a good

idea of the designs from the Moss (UK) catalogue. Your seats look like TR6 seats.

I'm not sure if you are looking to restore as original or sell as is - you refer to both

in your posting.

From the photos, it's a 4 not a 4A, no real way to tell what year, could be 62, 63 or 64

(or even 64 first registered in 65). The door trim panels have obviously been re-done

in an amateurish way, same story with the side flashing trim - it's in the wrong place.

What's the CT commission number? ("xxx" the last three digits for security)

AlanR

I'm looking to fix it up and keep, but could easily be tempted to sell it as is before I start putting money in it. I don't really know enough about the car to be able to fix it up back to original myself. If someone who knows more about these cars than I do were interested in a car with backlight and hard-top panel, then I'd take offers. I'd like to see it treated right.

Hi Joshua,

There were three (at least) variants of seats fitted to the TR4. You can get a good

idea of the designs from the Moss (UK) catalogue. Your seats look like TR6 seats.

I'm not sure if you are looking to restore as original or sell as is - you refer to both

in your posting.

From the photos, it's a 4 not a 4A, no real way to tell what year, could be 62, 63 or 64

(or even 64 first registered in 65). The door trim panels have obviously been re-done

in an amateurish way, same story with the side flashing trim - it's in the wrong place.

What's the CT commission number? ("xxx" the last three digits for security)

AlanR

I'm looking to fix it up and keep, but could easily be tempted to sell it as is before I start putting money in it. I don't really know enough about the car to be able to fix it up back to original myself. If someone who knows more about these cars than I do were interested in a car with backlight and hard-top panel, then I'd take offers. I'd like to see it treated right.

Joshua-

where in Texas are you exactly? Plenty of TR clubs are around to help, and I'm sure plenty of interest if you wanted to sell.

Randy

Joshua-

where in Texas are you exactly? Plenty of TR clubs are around to help, and I'm sure plenty of interest if you wanted to sell.

Randy

I live in Longview, just off I20. About 2 hours east of Dallas, 1 1/2 hours west of Shreveport, LA.

I'd like to get in touch with someone from a local, or close TR club.

I've actually been thinking of posting it on EBay at the beginning of February.