Hi All,

All the books suggest that there should be a lump of polyfilla stuck to the cover aas a deadening device, alas mine does not seem to have this, Is it necessary, can you buy it where do I put it.

Dya think I should change the oil seal as well while I am at it

Thanks in advance

Keith

Hi All,

All the books suggest that there should be a lump of polyfilla stuck to the cover aas a deadening device, alas mine does not seem to have this, Is it necessary, can you buy it where do I put it.

Dya think I should change the oil seal as well while I am at it

Thanks in advance

Keith

Keith Im not sure if its still available. It is actually supposed to be a sound deadening device although how effective it is I dont know. If you have the whole of the front of the engine exposed its probably worth checking the timing chain and tensioner and also fitting new seal at the same time.

Stuart.

The old joke used to be that it was only there to stop you hearing the timing chain making a break for the outside when your tensioner broke!! ;)

Stuart.

The old joke used to be that it was only there to stop you hearing the timing chain making a break for the outside when your tensioner broke!! ;)

Stuart.

Thats it then, new tensioner fitted plus new chain, read somewhere that you can slap some silicon gasket sealer on the outside cover to damp the sound down

Thanks

Keith

Thats it then, new tensioner fitted plus new chain, read somewhere that you can slap some silicon gasket sealer on the outside cover to damp the sound down

Thanks

Keith

Keith I wouldnt bother as it would be difficult to make it look nice and I wouldnt have thought it would make that much difference noise wise.

Stuart.