door glass gaps

Hi all, could anyone tell me what sort of gap there should be where the door glass meets the windscreen frame,i seem to have different gaps either side and cant get them the same,its a real pig of a job, thanks in advance once again,regards nick.

Nick the normal gap is about 1/2" to 3/4"or thereabouts when the window is fully wound up. It is possible to adjust the gap by judicous adjustment of the upper limit stop and or adjust the window frame slides in the door to bring the windows in or out to suit as well.

Stuart.

Thanks stuart, the n/s is about 3/4 s inch, and sitting on the rubber running along the screen pillar,but theres a slight gap at the bottom where the door meets the dash top ,as to the o/s the gap is very small,i will try to adjust the sliders and see what happens,regards nick.

Thanks stuart, the n/s is about 3/4 s inch, and sitting on the rubber running along the screen pillar,but theres a slight gap at the bottom where the door meets the dash top ,as to the o/s the gap is very small,i will try to adjust the sliders and see what happens,regards nick.

Hi,

I have a similar problem with glass gaps. Apparently some TR4A's were restored with TR5 window glass due to non availability of the correct item. (TR5 glass is a slightly different shape & therefore sits in the door winding mechanism a little different).

I was concerned at first but was advised by more knowledgable people than myself to leave alone if possible as it is a b..... of a job to get right! I have learned to live with a slight gap with no problems but then my car does not do rain!

TR4A glass is now apparently available again so I guess the real answer is to refit with that.

Regards,

Monty.

Nick try and adjust the upper limit stop then on the N/S and bring that glass up a bit as that may get rid of the gap at the door /dash top area. But be carefull of bringing it up too high as the glass might 1 foul the hood frame or 2 catch under the hood side rain channel.

Stuart.

Hi all, how can you move the glass from side to side apart from taking the runner of the bottom of the glass ,i did do this but it didn,t seem to make any difference,regards nick.

Nick it is sometimes possible by careful shimming of the front and rear door glass slides to move it forwards or backwards. Or slacken the windscreen frame and or the surrey frame and move them to suit. Although there isnt usually much movement to be had with the surrey (maybe a couple of mm)

Stuart

Edited by stuart
Nick it is sometimes possible by careful shimming of the front and rear door glass slides to move it forwards or backwards. Or slacken the windscreen frame and or the surrey frame and move them to suit. Although there isnt usually much movement to be had with the surrey (maybe a couple of mm)

Stuart

Thanks again stuart,nick