What you going to buy your TR7/8 for Christmas

i must be on the same plan as you again samco, i want my rebuilt engine and gearbox back in shell after being parted for 3 years !! treat for the car and myself target for this weekend, even better would be to get axle back from rebuilders so it could at least be back on wheels.

happy christmas to all out there in triumph land

This is another modification that I did last year

As I have fitted a cat 1 alarm to the car which could operate central locking

I fitted the solenoids to the doors so that I can lock and unlock the car by the remote control.

So to finish this off I fitted Morris Marina rear door handles to clean the look of the car up By taking away the door locks.

(Don’t know if I would do this to a fixed head as if they failed you would be locked out but with the drop head it does not matter)

Photo-0181.jpg

Edited by stevie-a

Funnily enough Stevie, we have a Kent group member who replaced his clock with an oil pressure gauge by slight modification of the rear of the dash in much the same way as you have done with your temp gauge, it does look good.

I have also gone the central locking route but have only swapped out the passenger door handle for a rear door range rover one. I removed the "lift up" knobs and control arms and have simply glued black rubber domed mushrooms over the now vacant holes. I wanted the traditional keylock on the drivers door simply because, being an old fart, I would have some trouble climbing over and would not want to damage the paint.

All the best for Christmas to all on the forum

Gary

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Craig...

I think the thread is 'What are you going to BUY your TR7\8 for Christmas?'

As far as I know, a SORN Certificate is free!

Good luck with the extension: it's not to late to re-think the design to include a triple garage and workshop? Maxwell <_<

Hi Craig...

I think the thread is 'What are you going to BUY your TR7\8 for Christmas?'

As far as I know, a SORN Certificate is free!

Good luck with the extension: it's not to late to re-think the design to include a triple garage and workshop? Maxwell <_<

You're right it is free but it's the thought that counts! I've bought many presents over the last year or two, they all need welding in!

Don't worry about the garage we have planning for a double and we already have a double at the end of the garden which is currently being used as a furniture store! with still room for further expansion!