Where is everybody?

I must confess that work has recently kept me out of the garage and away from the forums so today I thought I would do a bit of catchup. When I got to the register forum for TR7/8 I was quire surprised to see very few posts and not a lot of activity. Am I missing something? Anyway to see some of my latest progress check out my latest youtube clip.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4kMDqLU1N7Y

I must confess that work has recently kept me out of the garage and away from the forums so today I thought I would do a bit of catchup. When I got to the register forum for TR7/8 I was quire surprised to see very few posts and not a lot of activity. Am I missing something? Anyway to see some of my latest progress check out my latest youtube clip.

Nice one Sam Ilike the sound track. Its good to see you did take in some of what I taught you ;)

Stuart.

I think everyone is pre-occupied with the big end discussion in the main forum.. excellent video btw.

Stan

I agree good video. Wish I found spraying as easy as it looked on the video.

Guest Wayne S

There's been a lot more activity on the independant TR7 forum of late www.forum.triumphtr7.com than on here. Always seems busy.

Im in the middle of some major work. I have poly-bushed rear trailing arms going in, all new wheel bearings, polybushed anti-roll bar and a new 4 core radiator that has been a real nightmare. I have had two faulty ones from Rimmers in a row and im finding generally the quality of parts for TR7/8 is getting worse and worse.

If anyone has ever wondered why you should bother buying parts from S and S when you can go to Rimmers direct, then I found out today when Rick very helpfully fought my corner to get me my replacement electric fan fitting kit and exchange radiators far quicker than I could ever have managed as a lone punter. Lesson learnt and a reccomendation to anyone else.

Wayne

There's been a lot more activity on the independant TR7 forum of late www.forum.triumphtr7.com than on here. Always seems busy.

im finding generally the quality of parts for TR7/8 is getting worse and worse.

Wayne

Wayne, In recent I have had poor quality replacement parts for both my TR7 and my Vitesse. The suppliers, not just one supplier, say the customer is driving down the price. Their words not mine and as it came from more than one supplier it could well be true. However, I would happily pay a bit more for something that was as fit for purpose as the original parts or original after market parts.

Yes we all know that if the parts are poor quality then they last less time and you will use more. But when they last a few hundred miles then its not acceptable. In your case it sounds like they were defective when delivered.

Just my grip!

When I buy parts I usually ask if they are original equipment or Unipart, if not, I always ask if they are any good or not. Most of the suppliers will usually give you an honest answer, the only problem is where else can you go as they all buy from the same supplier. I recently tried to find original equipment wiper blades as most after market ones dont clear the screen, I eventually found some one who had them in stock and it was worth the search.