seeking history

Ive done this before, but the search fell by the wayside. How do i find out about the previous owners of this car. Seems it had one owner for many years and ran up very little mileage, Why????????.

Any help appreciated

Noel

Maybe its Christine in disguise

Hi Noel

Have you done a DVLA previous owner search yet? You can request a list of them from the DVLA for a small fee as/if you are the registered keeper of a car. Then write to the address and see if they are still there! If they are,you never know you might unearth some paperwork to add to the history file!! Ive been meaning to do this with my 6, SCD 770H,as I want to trace its ownership and history from new in 1970 to 1979. I am sure it only had 1 owner for that period if the logbook is correct.

Good luck.

Dave

Hi Noel

Like Dave says - if you write to DVLA with a cheque (I think it was £5 when I got mine) they will send you copies of all the old log books and all the previous addresses of owners. Mine was all very interesting. You can tell who had it when and whereabouts.

You should probably check the cost first. I wrote to them initially asking if the information of its previous number was available and they wrote back to say it was but I had to pay the fee. I paid this expecting just the info on the original number and got all this extra info back - and very quickly!

Good Luck

Roger (Pogo)

Hi Noel,

We have nothing on file for your TR UYX 880M. Any information that you can provide would be much appreciated for the database. It would be nice to be able to fill in another gap in the records.

Cheers

Derek

saffrontr@tiscali.co.uk

Thanks for all the help. I will be filling out my forms and writing a letter this weekend. Of course i will be happy to share the information with you. I believe the previous owner had the car for some 30 years. When i got it, it was low mileage and in poor condition. Its all a bit of a mystery. Never know there might be a good story here.

Many thanks

Noel