What happen to this badge design?

Hi Tom

Going by the rostyle wheels and the other fittings it looks very early in the TR6 period, perhaps what they intended the badge to look like originally ?

Hi, I can across this image, with a badge I've never seen before. Can anybody please tell me more about this car?

Thanks, Tom

1248382255_5126e69050_o.jpg

Hi Tom

Going by the rostyle wheels and the other fittings it looks very early in the TR6 period, perhaps what they intended the badge to look like originally ?

I've seen this referred to in the book, TR5, TR250, TR6 Companion, by Rossi and Clark, as a pre-production design exercise. THe Karmann design was complete by that time but Triumph was trying to get the right "Identity". Personally I'm happy that they settled on the simple TR6 badge in the front!

Hi Tom

I would go along with Andy's comments - also by the fact of it being an 'E' registration (1st Jan 1967 - 31st July 1967 I think?)...

Tom,

Another view of the badge hopefully attached. This time on the first running prototype X776

Cheers

Derek

Man, that is hideous. I'm glad that common sense prevailed. The original badging for the TR6 ended up very clean and stylish and fits the car well although it was screwed up later with the union jack badges on the US models and other gyrations of the logos on the rear.

Stan