Adhesive....rubber boot seal fixing

Hi folks

Could you let me have your "personal preferences" for fixing the rubber boot seal to body please ?

This good Bank Holiday weather is frustrating...my TR4 is nearly there and I'd like to be out there driving

it.I stopped by TR BITZ last Thursday, John Sykes commented it was " a case usually of 95% there, 90%

of the work still to do !!" It struck a cord with me.

Hi folks

Could you let me have your "personal preferences" for fixing the rubber boot seal to body please ?

This good Bank Holiday weather is frustrating...my TR4 is nearly there and I'd like to be out there driving

it.I stopped by TR BITZ last Thursday, John Sykes commented it was " a case usually of 95% there, 90%

of the work still to do !!" It struck a cord with me.

Bob forget trying to glue the boot seal that most people supply as it is about as much good as a chocolate fire guard. Go to your Woolies catalogue page 5 No 268 rubber and sponge seal and you will need 4mtrs. Thats what I always use as it needs no glue being a snap fit and makes a better seal to the boot lid, have the join at the centre of the rear by the lock and super glue the ends together (make sure you cut the ends square so they fit together nicely).

Stuart.

Bob forget trying to glue the boot seal that most people supply as it is about as much good as a chocolate fire guard. Go to your Woolies catalogue page 5 No 268 rubber and sponge seal and you will need 4mtrs. Thats what I always use as it needs no glue being a snap fit and makes a better seal to the boot lid, have the join at the centre of the rear by the lock and super glue the ends together (make sure you cut the ends square so they fit together nicely).

Stuart.

Good tip, but I was always told put the joins at the top out of the way, in this case that wuld be opposite the filler cap..... No particular reason it just looks neater.

And yes it is frustrating, but I think we must all be slightly mad, esle why would we do this: today we wnt out in my wife's car a VW Golf cabriolet for a bit of Sunshine motoring. It's a 2 Litre soft top just the same as mine, but much quicker, slightly faster, quieter, more comfortable , has sprightly handling, is economical and definitely more reliable, the roof goes up and down at the touch of a button, the radio works and its ever so much cheaper. BUt some how not as much fun! ;)

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Stuart.

Hi stuart, what branch do you get the rubber seal from,iv,e tried the branch in east london and theres no secton on rubber/sponge ,also tried website,regards nick.

Hi stuart, what branch do you get the rubber seal from,iv,e tried the branch in east london and theres no secton on rubber/sponge ,also tried website,regards nick.

Its Woolies trim supplies in Market Deeping Peterborough. 01778 347347

Stuart.

Trim supplies

Edited by stuart
Thanks stuart,just ordered some,regards nick. you should have seen the girls faces in woolworths .

Sorry about that I never thought there might be some confusion. I have recommended them so many times I forgot about the "other" woolies :blink:

Stuart.