Rocker cover paint code?

Hello,

Does anyone know what's the right colour (code) for the TR6 rocker cover? I know there are nice polished aluminium ones available, however would like to keep the engine bay as original as possible.

Br,

Tommi

Just painted mine at the weekend in hammerite smooth silver, looks mint now such a differance to engine bay and slightly cheaper paying £8 for a can of paint over £70 for an alloy one!!

Hi Tommi

I had my original one blasted and powder coated silver. I think this is pretty close to how it was originally - I know it looks very good now anyway.

Carl at TR Trader did it for me. Very reasonable cost. He also did the air manifold assembly in black crackle coat. Looks the 'dogs b*ll*cks'

I haven't got a photo of it and the car is away being undersealed now. Let me know if you want me to get a photo of it for you.

I have no connection with TR Trader other than as a very satisfied customer.

Thanks

Pogo

http://www.cp54542.co.uk/

• 2 weeks later...

I would go with the same grey as is used on the steel wheels!!

I have refurbished my steel wheels with the best match I could find in the motor shop heat resistant spray paint sector,and all the underbonnet items in satin and gloss black, and grey, cleaned and polished the alloy and chrome bits,unless you have a full colour chart for all parts of the car,the only way to know is to see a mega low miles factory fresh car to see what it was like when it was new!!

I am sure the best match you can find, will easily be good enough that most people wouldnt really notice!!

Even from the factory,all colour shades on supplied parts changed slightly almost every month!!