TR2 works car? I may have one.

You may have seen a TR2 for sale in Traction recently - SKV 657. Well, I now own that car.

I realised that with a Coventry reg. no. like that, there was a fair chance that it had some works significance and shot straight up the motorway to Stockport and bought it!

Those of you in the know will realise that it is the next reg. no. in the sequence of the TR3 "trio" press cars SKV 654 -6.

However, mine is definitely a TR2 (TS8189 O) and was first registered by the Standard Motor Co Ltd on the 16/10/56. That's very, very late for a TR2 and probably the last one registered.

I am trying to establish what the factory used the car for during the previous 13 months from when it was made in late 1955. The previous owner thought it was a developement car of some sort which seems likely.

Is there anybody out there who has any info or knowledge about this car. I have informed Bill Piggott who will inspect it shortly. Also a factory trace is on the way which might shed some light.

Any help would be appreciated.

Simon Westlake

• 5 years later...

Hi Simon.

This car used to belong to my uncle.

I have just seen a few pictures of the car in his ownership this evening. His son was trying to trace it.

He lives in Manchester not far from Stockport where you bought the car.

He would know a lot about the origin etc I am sure.

From the pictures I saw period 50's it was a regular TR etc.

If you are thinking of selling it let us know. If not no worries but we could supply information about the car in its earlier days and some amazing pictures.

Best wishes.

Paul.

I think Simon sold this car a while ago and is no longer involved with TR`s as he was having health problems.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart. Sorry to hear that about Simon. I think the car now belongs to John Ramsey in Ireland? He is a TR member. Have sent a PM so fingers crossed:-)

Best.

Paul.