Wiring Harness Confusion

Moss USA lists 2 wiring harnesses for the TR3-3A from TS18913 thru TR3A TS60000, which is the production period for my car (TS 58476 LO).

1. MAIN HARNESS, lacquer braid

or

2. MAIN HARNESS, cloth bound

Can someone tell me which of the 2 harnesses is correct? The lacquer braid is a 40 percent premium.

Thanks in advance.

Moss USA lists 2 wiring harnesses for the TR3-3A from TS18913 thru TR3A TS60000, which is the production period for my car (TS 58476 LO).

1. MAIN HARNESS, lacquer braid

or

2. MAIN HARNESS, cloth bound

Can someone tell me which of the 2 harnesses is correct? The lacquer braid is a 40 percent premium.

Thanks in advance.

Depends on if you want to do concours. The cloth bound is correct for the year of your car but I believe the Lacquer braid is closer looking to the original but needs great care to fit.

Stuart.

My commisson number is 28874 and a cloth braid was original. I believe that there are companies who will make up a new loom with the extra cables you need for electric Kenlowe, spotlights etc. The plastic cover looks all wrong for 1958.

Frank - My TR3A (TS 27489 LO) had black cotton braided covering from new. Last winter, I carefully removed the outer braiding and sent it all to Rhode Island Wiring. They replaced 3 wires and spliced in about 8 ends towards the rear. I also had them add extra wires to run my fan, for a back-up light and for front spotlights. Then they re-covered it with new black cotton braiding and it's in the car now. It was about the same price as a new harness which would not have had the extras included.