Rear Trailing Arm Bushes

Guest Wayne S

Guest Wayne S

Hi All,

Im getting round to the rear suspension on my 7.

I am looking to replace the rear trailing arms and bushes and have seen many available with standard bushes already fitted.

I have poly bushes on the front and would like to upgrade the rears as well. Do they need pressing in with special kit and should I look for trailing arms with poly bushes already fitted for me, or can I fit them at home myself. How easy are they actually do get in and out? Are they supplied in two halves?

Anybody have any experiences or recomendations for these ? Thanks in advance...

Wayne

Wayne,

if they are like the ones on the TR4A they'll come as a red polyurethane 'cotton reel' (in my case anyway). My kit included some white grease in a little sachet, with this, and a long threaded bolt plus a couple of bits of flat steel drilled for the bolt I was able to squeeze them into place. Got a bit skew-whiff at times but finally went into place. Otherwise I'm sure any decent garage could push them in for you.

Wayne, if you buy poly bushes they come in 2 halves with a bush in the middle very easy to fit. Recently I tried poly bushes in the top and standard rubber in the bottom, I was pleased with the results.

Wayne, if you buy poly bushes they come in 2 halves with a bush in the middle very easy to fit. Recently I tried poly bushes in the top and standard rubber in the bottom, I was pleased with the results.

I'll concur with Chris. I have poly bushed all my suspension both front and rear very recently. The trailing arms were probably the easiest to do taking just 10 minutes per side once removed from the car. Thoroughly recommend doing them they absolutely transform the back end.

Cheers

Gary