Hi, I have purchased a TR5 for restoration. It was a european export bulit up in Belgium about mid way through the production period. The bonnet that has been supplied with the car has the word triumph across the front and the TR5 badge in the middle the same as the TR4. Can any one inform me if any of these tr5's had this badging on the bonnet of if i have been supplied with a 4 bonnet? I have not got the car yet so do not have any numbers!

Regards Jeff

Is this the one Jeff?

A TR4/4A bonnet me thinks:

AETV87500331_1b.jpg

No real drama and easily sorted during the restoration, although the paint looks pretty good for a resto? In any event I would suggest buying a few books or joining your local group if you haven't done already where there will be plenty of advice on hand.

Cheers

Andrew

Is this the one Jeff?

A TR4/4A bonnet me thinks:

AETV87500331_1b.jpg

No real drama and easily sorted during the restoration, although the paint looks pretty good for a resto? In any event I would suggest buying a few books or joining your local group if you haven't done already where there will be plenty of advice on hand.

Cheers

Andrew

[/quote'Andrew Smith' date=Jul 30 2007, 09:45 PM' post='72082]

Yes it is the TR Bitz Car. John though it was worth investigation to see if it may have had this badging from new? The paint work looks better on the pic than it is. Almost a complete respray is required!

Thanks for your thoughts Jeff

Hi Jeff, I have a belgian built TR5 (1CP1950LP) and I can assure you it has the usual TR5 badge layout. I have never seen a TR5 bonnet with the TRIUMPH lettering in the same way as it used to be on the TR4A.

Hi Jeff,

I also have a Royal Blue CKD Belgium TR5 and I assure you that the badge position in your car is wrong. I send you a photo of my car.

I've seen quite a lot of CKD cars and they all have the badge on the left-hand-side of the bonnet, without any Triumph letters as well.

But if you want to be really sure drop a line to Roger Ferris, you should find his e-mail address somewhere in the forum.

Cheers

Carl

Hi Jeff,

I also have a Royal Blue CKD Belgium TR5 and I assure you that the badge position in your car is wrong. I send you a photo of my car.

I've seen quite a lot of CKD cars and they all have the badge on the left-hand-side of the bonnet, without any Triumph letters as well.

But if you want to be really sure drop a line to Roger Ferris, you should find his e-mail address somewhere in the forum.

Cheers

Carl

Sorry forgot about the photo...

Cheers

Carl