removing old windscreen stickers

Hi All,

There are a couple of stickers on the windscreen glass that I would rather not have there and seem to have been on the car for decades. Does anyone have a trick as to how to get these things off ?

Many Thanks

Jeremy

Hi All,

There are a couple of stickers on the windscreen glass that I would rather not have there and seem to have been on the car for decades. Does anyone have a trick as to how to get these things off ?

Many Thanks

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

You could try and peel up and edge of sticker with a new stanley blade, and try and pull of . White spirit is good for removing adhesive left behind. Try a combination of both

Good Luck

Guy

The best thing to use (if you can still find one) is one of those old fashioned, stiff razor blades with a piece of metal on one edge (so it’s only got 1 blade). When I was doing a bit of auction trading, I used to carry one with me to remove the stickers they put on the screen so as to avoid any unwelcome interest from plod.

Edited by Richard Crawley

Richard, I had a couple of these, very usefull , but I hav'nt seen them for a long time. Now I use the kind of scaper that is used to clean ceramic cookers.

In some cases sticker removing fluid also comes in action, can be found in every DIY shop

I would suggest taking care scraping the glass in case the screen is soft. I cut around the rubber screen seal to remove the old laminated screen that I intended to re-use. My Stanley knife slipped from the rubber onto the glass. It has made a cut into the surface of the glass that shows. My screen was pre 1976, perhaps they are stronger now?