Greetings all

It looks as though there is another scam out there for some unsuspecting punter! £4000 for an apparently very good condition TR5 - I think not!!!

Ebay TR5

I would be keen for anyone near the location to attempt to view the car - that's if it is there of course!

Forgot to add - a Zero Feedback seller...

Best regards - Scam???

Edited by ianhoward

Ian,

Last week I responded to an ad for an Aston Martin for £5300.00(!) on ebay, and fortunately went through ebay's 'Ask seller a question' I did not give any personal details and asked the seller - it was a classified ad - to respond via ebay. I heard nothing from the seller but got an email from ebay which said:

Dear xxxxxxx

Our records indicate that you recently sent an email to or received an email from xxxxxxx through the eBay email system (for example, you may have sent an email to this member through Ask Seller a Question or received an email from this member through Contact eBay Member).

Sometimes eBay accounts are used to send email solicitations for transactions outside of eBay, or to send unrelated questions in hopes that you will respond so that the other party can obtain your email address. We wanted you to be aware of the potential fraud risk these solicitations pose and encourage you to be cautious about the email you received from this member.

I guess this implies ebay has some knowledge of individual potential fraudsters because I did nothing unusual to awaken their suspicions. Maybe the seller of the TR is the same person and has registered under a new name, hence the zero feedback.

Ray

Just engaged in a bit of scam baiting, below is my reply to him.

Looks perfect, how can we meet up so I can pay for the car?

Would like to get it by the fastest possible means, so cash or a transfer would be fine. Can you deliver?

Thanks.

Rob.

Makes it sound urgent, so I might be reckless, gives them the oppotunity to suggest Western Union (the scammers general preference) and also the chance to offer delivery after payment is received.

Will post any replies here.

Rob.

Just had a thought, isn't this car Marko's?

Edited by robgeev