Hi

does anyone out there know if its possible to obtain polished stainless steel stoneguards, large and small, to replace the alloy ones currently available, I seem to recall seeing some a while back.

I had to work on the ones I put on my TR3A 16 years ago to make them look like the original fitting ones. Then I had them chromed. They did what they call dull chrome. It is the same bright chrome, but then they buff them so they look like aluminium. They looked great for about 10 to 12 years because the harder surface resists small stones and sand better. Also they shine up better than aluminium which will turn black when you polish them.

I plan to do another set soon - the same way.

I got lucky, a local british car parts place in Kentucky had a set of NOS stone guards. The were still wrapped in crape paper with the StanPart label dated January 1958. The are polished Alum and fit and look great!

Russ Austin

Southern Indiana

USA

58 TR3A

59 TR3A