TR3 Hardtop on ebay

Saw this on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=260107672561

Is this an authentic Triumph hardtop as stated or an aftermarket one. The rear lite seems almost totally opaque. Were these Plexiglas or glass? and are replacement lites available?

Thanks in advance.

Saw this on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=260107672561

Is this an authentic Triumph hardtop as stated or an aftermarket one. The rear lite seems almost totally opaque. Were these Plexiglas or glass? and are replacement lites available?

Thanks in advance.

Thats an original one, I paid $450 for a complete one at Malvern TR show 2 years ago which needs full renovation, not sure if new perspex available, I dont think glass was ever used,

perspex can be worked on to reduce scratches.

regards

Peter

Thats an original one, I paid $450 for a complete one at Malvern TR show 2 years ago which needs full renovation, not sure if new perspex available, I dont think glass was ever used,

perspex can be worked on to reduce scratches. Iused to work at Grove Cranes in Chambersburg years ago!

regards

Peter

72ad_1.jpg

737a_1.jpg

Peter: I put in a relatively low bid $357. and won it. I'll pick it up in acouple of weeks at the Carlisle, PA car show. Nice project for next /fall/winter. What did you do to clear up the perspex?

Frank I believe that new windows are available or you could try "Brasso" metal polish to remove some of the fogging.

Stuart.