Master Cylinders, Anyone know the cheapest place to get them?

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know the most reasonable place, pricewise, to get a new Brake and Clutch Master Cylinder for my Spitfire MK3?

Since my last post three days ago, at least another 2 kilos of the car has oxydised and dissolved.

Thanks for your help.

Dave.

Hi Dave, sounds like you are having fun....have you tried ebay, seem to be a few on there...

Hope to see you at Malvern and catch up somewhat.

Cheers,

Conrad.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently found out that Landrover master cyclinders are the same and they are even cheaper than James Paddock, for anyone looking for these items. You just have to replace the pushrod with the one from your old cylinder.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

a surprising amount of Landie stuff is either interchangeable with TR or can be fettled to fit TR . . . . .

Quality, from what I've seen, is rarely inferior to TR repro product and often appears to me to be rather better . . . . .

Prices seem, invariably, to be considerably cheaper than TR . . . . .

But then, as a Landie enthusiast neighbour has observed in the past, proper Land Rover pilots don't normally have the diminutive of Richard tattooed above their eyebrows.

Cheers

Alec