Injectors - Which ones are repairable?

Hi Folks,

I have two different types of injector in my kit. One is long and black and the other is metal coloured and has a spike protruding from the end of it.

I believe that certain injectors can be refurbished. Can anyone please shed any light on this?

Sorry, can't post an image. Tried and failed.

Thanks for any input.

Dave.

Dave,

The injectors with a circlip are reconditionable - pull the nib and it sits at the base of the nozzle.

You can just about see it in this photo, but there is a good description and a diagram in the Moss catalogue.

Before being sent to Neil for reconditioning:

536283_3332464025620_1831821439_n.jpg?oh

Cheers

Andrew

Many years ago I owned a 2.5 PI estate. I (stupidly) replaced the PI with carbs, to hopefully improve the fuel consumption.

A couple of years later, when wishing to sell the car I reinstated the PI system, to find lots of injectors not giving a very good spray pattern - probably due to gumming up. I got them all going again by pulling the cone down wards, inserting some metal polish into the gap, then "grinding in" the cone & seat by spinning the cone slowly with a small drill. A final flush through with mains powered water, then compressed air, & they all then gave a perfect cone shaped spray pattern, & the car ran beautifully. I then ran it for several weeks while trying to sell, & it had never run so well. I should have never removed the PI !!

Bob.

Thanks Everyone.

I went to TR Bitz today and took the system with me. Good old Craig gave me a full lesson on injectors, so now I know and can confirm the above, that the ones with the almost invisible circlip are the babes to go for. Thanks Andrew.

Thanks also Bob for your intriguing but logical fix.

All the best.

Dave.