Race meeting Oulton Park 19th May

Hello all

I have been eagerly looking forward to getting back in to TR racing after a 4 year gap, in my V8 (more like 6 since doing a regular season!), so I have been checking almost daily for the Oulton regs to come out.

I downloaded them today from the MGCC site, only to find - NO BLOODY TR RACE! This despite our esteemed Coordinator's recent assurance on the matter.

So I checked with MGCC, the Secretary, a ? Carr I think, I beg his pardon, but his name is not on the regs, having just taken over (been lumbered with?) the post and I can't lay my hands on the note that I made of his name, at the moment.

Whatever, he was very sympathetic and he had been trying to contact Jon Wolfe this week (Jon is away on hols). A small ray of light might be that he was going to talk with Mike Hughes in Jon's absence, to see if anything could be salvaged from this. But he did point out the obvious fact that there weren't enough Triumphs at Silverstone to form our own race, also that things were looking pretty full as it stands at Oulton.

So maybe, only maybe, we might hear some better news. In the meantime, I've told Malcolm Chapman. He's going to contact the Secretary straight away and you might like to do the same - and convince him to let us in? MGCC is on 01235 555552 or mgcc@mgcc.co.uk.

I guess that most of us have enough other competing commitments in life to mean we need to know one way or the other PDQ, yes?

Cheers (I think!)

Alan

Alan,

This isn't the first time - it happened at Silverstone too!

And you are correct to worry about the number of entries.

We will lose our "Championship" status unless we average 16 per event in 2007.

That will mena that we will not be able to arrange our own races at all.

There were less than 16 at Silverstone, so we are already behind the pace.

My apologies for Oulton - I had long ago arranged to go to Zandvoort on that weekend, but I will be with you in spirit - Geneva gin!

John

Jon Wolfe (from his Holiday in Australia no less) has been in touch with the MGCC and confirmed the above. Despite Jon having written confirmation of our inclusion in the programme there has been a mistake made by the MGCC that has left us off the programme. Jon returns from his hols this weekend (21st) when he will be looking into the problem and perhaps into an alternative meeting.

Cheers

Andy V

I've just had the Supplementaries and entry forms for the MGCC Silverstone International.

I have emailed Steve Carr, the MGCC Competition Secretary as follows:

Steve,

First there is no Triumph race at Oulton.

Now I have received the Supp.Regs for the Silverstone International, and find that there is only one Triumph race, instead of the two we expected, and that we are bundled in with the Morgans.

What is happening?

There is concern and confusion in the Triumph racing community.

Jon Wolfe, our Race Secretary, is abroad on holiday and has no official deputy, but I feel that you owe the Triumph racers an explanation of how our Championship has lost a quarter of its races. I will be most grateful, for your explanation of how this has happened, for you to re-instate the second race at Silverstone, and for a firm date for the replacement race in the abscence of the one at Oulton Park. If you will reply as soon as posssible tomorrow, Friday the 20th April, I will copy it to the TSSC and TRR website message boards, to reassure our community.

John Davies

You may wish to do likewise: stevecarr@mgcc.co.uk

John

All,

Further:

Jon Wolfe is back from Oz this weekend.

He has already been in touch with Steve Carr.

I will therefore retire from the fray, and leave it in Jon's capable hands.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if there's anymore news on whether the TRs have a race at Oulton Park on the 19th or not? I'll probably be going along regardless as I think the Thoroughbred championship is on which should have a few TRs in it anyway, but would be nice to see our own championship as well. Cheers Steve

Just wondering if there's anymore news on whether the TRs have a race at Oulton Park on the 19th or not? I'll probably be going along regardless as I think the Thoroughbred championship is on which should have a few TRs in it anyway, but would be nice to see our own championship as well. Cheers Steve

Its on JW has managed to sort it out :rolleyes: The races i think have been split up The TSSC in one race the TR Register in another hope to see you there

Its on JW has managed to sort it out :rolleyes: The races i think have been split up The TSSC in one race the TR Register in another hope to see you there
TSSC in one race the TR Register - same thing isn't it!?
TSSC in one race the TR Register - same thing isn't it!?

Yes i suppose it is ! what i actually meant was the TR register ocupying the track at a different time to the TSSC cars so all you TRs can come back now the Spitfires & GT6s wont humilate you as normal :lol::lol:

Edited by IAN 51

We are definately in now - see www.racing-triumphs.co.uk for details. If we can get 15 entries by Tuesday the MGCC *may* be able to get the MSA to agree to us having our own race. So, if you indicated intent, please get those entries in as soon as possible, Thanks. Remember to 'enter' the MG metro race!

Cheers

Jon.

We are definately in now - see www.racing-triumphs.co.uk for details. If we can get 15 entries by Tuesday the MGCC *may* be able to get the MSA to agree to us having our own race. So, if you indicated intent, please get those entries in as soon as possible, Thanks. Remember to 'enter' the MG metro race!

Cheers

Jon.

Is that Larry's old car?

http://www.racing-triumphs.co.uk/photos/Ad...Chapman2007.jpg Thought it was totalled at Silverstone a few years back - god it was a big hit!

Nice to see Larry on Sunday at Brands - racing Maetros or something with his son.