voltage stabilizer!

Hi

I have just put a new wiring loom in my six mostly straight forward but having problems with the voltage stabilizer. Original problem was nothing showing on the temp and fuel gauge disconnected the voltage stabilizer from the Speedo and gauges came to life , as soon as I put the unit back to earth they stopped working replaced unit with a new one from Rimmers same problem. Put a meter to it I have 12v coming off the body of the voltage stabilizer!

Any ideas? All the green wires seem to go in the right direction.

John TR6

Hi John

Not helping here... but... I replaced the dash on my 6 last time I was home (just before I went away) and when I switched on neither the temp or fuel guage gave any reading - I didn't even disconnect the wires from the stabilizer :blink: . I have yet to investigate further as I only got home a few days ago...

Any comments welcome!!!

Regards

Hi John

Not helping here... but... I replaced the dash on my 6 last time I was home (just before I went away) and when I switched on neither the temp or fuel guage gave any reading - I didn't even disconnect the wires from the stabilizer :blink: . I have yet to investigate further as I only got home a few days ago...

Any comments welcome!!!

Regards

• 1 month later...
Hi

I have just put a new wiring loom in my six mostly straight forward but having problems with the voltage stabilizer. Original problem was nothing showing on the temp and fuel gauge disconnected the voltage stabilizer from the Speedo and gauges came to life , as soon as I put the unit back to earth they stopped working replaced unit with a new one from Rimmers same problem. Put a meter to it I have 12v coming off the body of the voltage stabilizer!

Any ideas? All the green wires seem to go in the right direction.

John TR6

Hi guys

I have got the exact problem word for word did you cure the problem (how) this one has me climbing up the wall

pinky