towing a caravan

ha ya

I have just bought a tow bar etc for the 6, came with a flipper never heard of this before but I expect all you old boy's have, it goes over the hook and looks like an over rider never seen one, that's what comes from living on the I O W.

Down to the question, I want to to tow a small microlight caravan but I need to see behind me, I have two lovely chrome racing mirrors on the car they look good but are not very practical, I do not want to change them or drill any more holes in the car any suggestions

pinky :rolleyes:

ha ya

I have just bought a tow bar etc for the 6, came with a flipper never heard of this before but I expect all you old boy's have, it goes over the hook and looks like an over rider never seen one, that's what comes from living on the I O W.

Down to the question, I want to to tow a small microlight caravan but I need to see behind me, I have two lovely chrome racing mirrors on the car they look good but are not very practical, I do not want to change them or drill any more holes in the car any suggestions

pinky :rolleyes:

Hi Pinky, yeas the Flipper is an either chromed or black tow ball cover, somewhat up-market from the black plastic types. I don't know if you can still get the more convex mirror glasses, but they used to be available for the original Leyland generic door mirrors - I have to agree the bullet type look OK but are really not "fit for purpose" as they'd say these days!

Edited by jonlar

Hi to you

Best advice is to go to any good caravan dealers/spares/accessories shop and see what they have which could be used or adapted to suit your 6.

Measure your 6/measure your caravan. Possibly all the convexity in the world will not help if your van is too wide- you will possibly need to have a mirror position approx. one foot outward from each wing.

Hope you get sorted

Phil Rylance

( ex caravanner now TR6 owner!)

Pinky, you will have to visit the Netherlands one day, every family has a caravan :) and so there are hundreds of removable mirror types on the market.

It goes from fitting with brackets to the wings up to types fitted to front window frame, and they can be extended to match the width of the caravan. I think you could find one that has stays to the top of the wing and the wheelarch.