treatment to box section

hi

I want to treat the box section with wax oil, I understand you have to drill the box section, (what hole pitch) frost do a kit that is the only information I have can you experts give some help on this one thank you.

pinky

Hi Pinky

Interesting, my chassis had plenty of holes already there - does that mean somebody else drilled them or were they there originally? Have you looked for any applicator holes in the chassis?

I think there has been many posts on this subject with regard to where to spray and I suggest you search old posts.

For info, I used a 5ltr tin of waxoyl and a hand operated spray with the 'optional' length of tube which can be screwed on. I think the tin was approx £20, the squirty pump bit about £10 - £15 from local car parts shop.

Hope this helps?

Regards

Rob

You shouldn’t need to drill any additional holes to inject the chassis; the original chassis has more than enough to access all the box sections. You can spray inside the sills through a series of small rectangular holes in the top of the inner sill underneath the carpet.

I used a compressor & paraffin gun & flexible adaptor nozzle to treat mine & with my compressor wound up to 150 PSI I was able to spray in one end & watch it come out the other but I also sprayed into every hole I could find; be warned though it gets everywhere!