I am currently carrying out a total restoration on a TR5 reg no PRE 592F commision no CP 21580. This car has been on the Registers files,and Roger Ferris has given me some history. I wonder if anyone has memories of this car. I will be very grateful should any former owners or members have any recollections that will assist me in building a case history on PRE.

On to the restoration. I am replacing the rear & fwd upper rear deck sections, and have found that the new rear sections ( Repros ) are 1/4inch longer than the originals so when I trial fit the rear wings with the rear of the wing on a level with the lamp pod the front of the wing is 1/4inch short of the fwd deck section so creating a horrendous gap between the front of the wing and the rear of the door. Is this normal with repro panels?. I am going to have to find a way of shortening the upper rear deck sections.

Regards Peter

Peter that is quite usual for those panels, i have fitted countless numbers of them and they all need fettling in one way or another. Its normally easier to lead down the front edge of the rear wing to give yourself a nice gap to the door than try and cut and shut the rear deck panels. If you need any more info call the workshop on 01726 882680 or PM me and i will send you some photos to illustrate what i mean.

Stuart.