speedo removal

I have disconected the 2 nuts securing the speedo and removed the speedo and odometer cables, so to remove the speedo now do i just push it out or not?

Hi,

You will also have to disconnect the wires on the voltage stabiliser on the back of the speedo. It will feel stuck in the recess of the dash due to the speedo sticking to the rubber "O" ring a careful firm push should release it.

Regards,

Hi,

You will also have to disconnect the wires on the voltage stabiliser on the back of the speedo. It will feel stuck in the recess of the dash due to the speedo sticking to the rubber "O" ring a careful firm push should release it.

Regards,

Thanks Dave, all done! Still learning everyday!

I have disconected the 2 nuts securing the speedo and removed the speedo and odometer cables, so to remove the speedo now do i just push it out or not?

I hope you mean that you have detached the odo cable from its bracket under the dash and not tried to remove it from the spedo.. for future reference there is generally no need to remove that cable from the speedo body even if you plan to remove the speedo innards. Attempting to pry the odo cable off the body for example is a very bad idea as it will just break it.

Stan