rusty tail pipes

Doing lots of work on the 6 looking nice now, although I have 2 rusty tail pipes that let the look of rear end down, need something to slide over the top of the original pipes the pipes are fitted to the left hand side of the car any one out there got any ideas

Rusty Tail Pipe Syndrom (RTPS) is one of our worst afflictions.

The finnishers from Halfords will rust as you put them on!! I have not heard of the make that Alec has suggested, but any reccomend from him will be good.

Welcome to the forum

Rusty Tail Pipe Syndrom (RTPS) is one of our worst afflictions.

The finnishers from Halfords will rust as you put them on!! I have not heard of the make that Alec has suggested, but any reccomend from him will be good.

Welcome to the forum

Only the ones on soft southern cars :rolleyes:

Ron

I can confirm the life expectancy of Halfords chrome finishers used to be minimal (but may, or may not, have improved since my last purchase). I had a copper tailpipe (not just a finisher) on my first TR3A when I bought it and the sound was what got me hooked on TRs for 35 years - awesome and addictive, but it did attract a certain amount of unwelcome attention (although most of the 'occifers' were more interested in talking cars with car enthusiasts in those days than claiming their scalp - how times have changed :()

Edited by BrianC