SU HIF44 Carbs

Anton I would have a word with Burlen fuel systems 01722412500 as normal fitment is Strombergs so i dont have any information on HIF fitments or try this link to compare needles.http://www.mintylamb.co.uk/suneedle/menu.php?jet=9

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
Anton I would have a word with Burlen fuel systems 01722412500 as normal fitment is Strombergs so i dont have any information on HIF fitments or try this link to compare needles.http://www.mintylamb.co.uk/suneedle/menu.php?jet=9

Stuart.

Anton

Stuart's link is very good. Used the charts to finalise my needles on the 4. Don't do anything yet. Get the car on a rolling road and find out how the existing needles work, too rich, too lean, at the top/ mid range/ bottom. After you have this and read the number off your needles you can establish the base line.

Then look at the needles in the same range and punch them into the link on Stuarts chart. This will enable tyou to determin if you can improve and in which area. Some will give you a better base line but be too lean at high revs which can cause piston problems etc etc

After you have modeled the needle on the program you have to go and buy them, fit them and rolling road them, no good ? Start over (and over and over) Very few SU tuners have many needles and nobody has them all (unlike weber dealers)

Needles and SU carbs are a nightmare, you can see why people like webers and PI :P

Keep us posted