Overdrive light

Hi All

I've been thinking about the overdrive logic unit for sometime, and can see the advantages it brings when moving up the gears. However the thought of changing down from overdrive 4th to 3rd in one go or even worse from overdrive 3rd to 2nd, fills me with dread. I suppose you alter your driving to accommodate, I'm just not sure it's worthwhile.

So what I want to do is fit an overdrive light so I can see at a glance if overdrive is selected. I imagine this is easy to, do but how about getting the light to dim when the headlights or on?

Any one done this, or is not worthwhile either. :unsure:

Thanks

All the Best

Cameron

Hi Cameron,

I have purchased a Logic device from e-bay and it comes with a warning light that dims when you have the headlights on.

I havent fitted it yet so I am unable to comment on the brightness, bu it seems a good idea to me.

To quote the advert

"The controller has an output for a warning light(included in auction) to indicate the controller has disengaged the overdrive. The warning light dims automatically when the headlights lights are turned on to prevent glare at night.

The device is on e-bay at the moment --Item number: 250053582636

Regards

Mark

So what I want to do is fit an overdrive light so I can see at a glance if overdrive is selected.

Connect a warning light between the yellow/purple on the overdrive relay and ground(I'm assuming your overdrive is A type)

do but how about getting the light to dim when the headlights or on?

If you want it to dim when the headlights are on the easiest option is to use an LED for the warning light and use a small relay or a transistor to switch in an extra resistor to dim the LED. I can send you a diagram if you fancy having a go yourself.

======

Tim

Connect a warning light between the yellow/purple on the overdrive relay and ground(I'm assuming your overdrive is A type)

If you want it to dim when the headlights are on the easiest option is to use an LED for the warning light and use a small relay or a transistor to switch in an extra resistor to dim the LED. I can send you a diagram if you fancy having a go yourself.

======

Tim

Hi Tim

Yes my overdrive is an A type and I would appreciate a diagram, I think the light will help makeup for my fading memory,sometimes we need all the help we can get.

Thanks for your help

Cameron.