Gentlemen,

I have just spent three days applying heat and penetrating fluid to remove the threaded stub end of one of the handbrake cross cables from the screw on Clevis fork. This morning it gave up resisting and unscrewed. I tried to fit it to the new cable only to find that the threaded end of the cable is 1/4” UNF whereas the Clevis fork is 5/16” UNF.  Has anyone else had this problem please?

Thanks

Graham

4 hours ago, Grahamgl said:

Gentlemen,

I have just spent three days applying heat and penetrating fluid to remove the threaded stub end of one of the handbrake cross cables from the screw on Clevis fork. This morning it gave up resisting and unscrewed. I tried to fit it to the new cable only to find that the threaded end of the cable is 1/4” UNF whereas the Clevis fork is 5/16” UNF.  Has anyone else had this problem please?

Thanks

Graham

Do you have a 3a cable instead of a 4 one? Items 41 or42 here https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/brake-system/hand-brake/handbrake-tr2-4-1953-65.html

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Hi Stuart,

I have checked the part numbers on each cable and they are the ones shown by Rimmers as being for a TR4.

Graham

15 hours ago, Grahamgl said:

Hi Stuart,

I have checked the part numbers on each cable and they are the ones shown by Rimmers as being for a TR4.

Graham

On further investigation it seems that the same fork is used for 2/3/3a as for a 4 so it looks like there is something else going on here and possibly your fork and cable has been substituted for a non standard one, is the other side one the same?

Stuart.