hallo zusammen,

fahre derzeit eine 16 jahre alten Vredestein classic und wuerde gerne gegen Kleber Dynaxer HP 4 in Groesse 185/70 R 15 tauschen. Der hat aber nur 87 W Traglast. Ist das egal? Dankbar fuer jede Antwort.

LG 

14 minutes ago, HP Kammer said:

Hello everyone, I'm currently driving a 16 year old Vredestein classic and would like to swap it for a Kleber Dynaxer HP 4 in size 185/70 R 15. But it only has a load capacity of 87 W. Does that matter? Thankful for every answer.

Hi HP, there's a great thread on tyres here and here and here that I hope will help you out. As a newer owner I'm very grateful for help all the time from longer term owners...

A load rating of 'only' 87 = 545kg per tyre.  Kerb weight of a TR6 is 1130kg and allowing a rather generous 250kg for passengers and luggage, all-up weight could be  1380 kg.   Assuming 50/50 weight distribution that is 345kg per tyre so there is plenty of margin to say the least. 

I would love to get my hands on some 185/70 for a price less than my firstborn!

On my 2nd set of XWX ^_^

Made in Serbia; bought (5) the first time and (3) the second. Price went down about 25% before I bought the first set.

Nothing like them for looks, feel and no TR will ever outrun them.

XWX1.JPG

On 5/7/2024 at 1:35 AM, Tom Fremont said:

Made in Serbia; bought (5) the first time and (3) the second. Price went down about 25% before I bought the first set.

Hi Tom,

So, from whom and for how much?

Thanks,
John

On 5/6/2024 at 4:35 PM, Tom Fremont said:

On my 2nd set of XWX ^_^

Nothing like them for looks, feel and no TR will ever outrun them.

XWX1.JPG

Hi @Tom Fremont is this the tyre you're referring to? https://www.michelin.co.uk/classic/tyres/michelin-xwx?tyreSize=15

Edited by Steve-B

Steve-B, JohnC I get mine from COKER tire in the U.S.; they are sole source for many of the vintage tyres here. 

I'm getting some DUNLOP SP Aquajet V-rated in 185/80-15 from them for my concourse '250 with 200 BHP trick engine. It has the 3.7:1 differential though; with the XWX tires I have the 3.45:1. They are even more expensive but what isn't today...