Hi folks

My wiper arms from TEX which I bought a long time ago but only recently fitted have unfortunately begun to shed the chrome finish from the caps which is disappointing. Anyone suggest better quality alternatives preferably in stainless steel?

Thanks

Andy 

35 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Andy,

TEX are good wipers.  Why not send TEX an E-mail explaining the situation.

Roger

Hi Roger worth a go I suppose although it was around 2 years ago.

Andy

I've recently fitted new old stock Trico arms and blades. The Tex items were not properly following the screen curvature on the driver's side. They seemed too rigid to comply to the profile of the screen.

The Trico blades and arms work well, just as they did 50 years ago. They still turn up on eBay from time to time.

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I have also found this stiffness with various blades and always blamed the harder/stiff rubber - usually in the Winter time.

Two possible fixes.   When parking Overnight etc  turn the ignition OFF when the blades are in the centre of the screen. This should stop them on a flat area.

Or use Silicone rubber blades.

Roger

• 2 weeks later...

No joy from Tex.

Not interested as they were purchased over 12 months ago so not impressed as they have only been fitted 6 months and not seen any rain yet! Any other quality options or are we stuck with Tex? 

Andy