Cerium oxide glass treatment

Hi all wondered if anyone had experience of these kits. My screen has lots of fine scratches, troublesome when sun is low. I'm wary of causing more problems

I might add that it's quite widespread over the glass. Did raise the issue a while back but the subsequent info didn't reassure me

Yes I have used to revive my Rolls Royce windscreen... messy but effective...  use duct tape and split binliners to prevent the abrasive paste getting into your car/workshop etc... use a whiteboard marker on the inside of the screen to mark any particular areas that need attention, as once the screen is covered in the cerium oxide paste you cant see much of the outside screen... using a pad mounted in a drill is OK for small areas, but for larger areas probably better to use a  polisher...a bit more ergonomic. For me it completely removed wipe abrasion and other small scuffs, screen functions great now

Just be very careful if you concentrate too much on one place as it can cause "Lensing" whereby that area becomes like a magnify glass which distorts your view.

Stuart.