First race of the season = Donington, 23rd March

All,

I hope to be out at Donington with the CSCC that weekend.    Forecast is hopeful, dry and some sun, but cold.

Two TRs, Graham Wilson and Roy Chamberlain in my grid (Swinging 60s Race 2), with a Spitfire in Race one.  Practice at 1055, Race at 1540.      I have some spare tickets if you like to PM me. 

John

Hi John, 

I'm going to Mallory Park for the TR sprint on the Sunday. 

I'm staying about 30 mins from Donington thé night before, so if you still have a spectator ticket I'd like take your kind offer up.

Best

Conrad 

On 3/15/2024 at 3:44 PM, john.r.davies said:

All,

I hope to be out at Donington with the CSCC that weekend.    Forecast is hopeful, dry and some sun, but cold.

Two TRs, Graham Wilson and Roy Chamberlain in my grid (Swinging 60s Race 2), with a Spitfire in Race one.  Practice at 1055, Race at 1540.      I have some spare tickets if you like to PM me. 

John

image.jpg

image.jpg

And the results were.....

image.thumb.png.9662eedd446b85c4a6b9bbd8cdb87c7e.png

As shown, there were a LOT of DNFs, including me, I'm sorry to say.    A loud knock and loss of power led me to retire after only my second lap.  Turns out that a bent push rod had caused another to go walkabout, hitting the rocker cover every other revolution!

226018367_postdonnyproblem.thumb.jpg.b0c58d90f710fb8cfbf219475a57bed4.jpg

Hope you're happy with your result, Roy.   Given the conditions, wet, cold track, I was with my practice time.  The forecast was right about "cold"!

1873966596_DoningtonSteve(2).jpg.1e7e8bad3db8b976ec489435ee00a6c8.jpg

That's not window glass, it's hail!

John

That's a strange one John. I had one brake at the test day [rocker] .

Do you think that the 2 are related ?  Although next to each other i cannot see how they would contact.

Roy

For those wishing to watch, the race is on youtube. DONNINGTON 23rd  starts about 3hrs in.  Later there is a classic K race for fia cars in which there are 2 TR4s racing.

Roy