surrey top fitting instructions

Does anyone have a set of instructions for fitting a surrey top?

I have recently bought a surrey top set to fit to my TR5 but it didn't come with instructions. Before i start drilling the rear frame and windscreen frame i want to make sure the holes are in the right place etc etc even some photos of where the fixings go would be great. 

Many thanks in advance Clem  

Hi Clem, I'd have thought you need to be a bit more specific as backlights, either fibreglass or the original aluminium ones, usually come with their fastenings. 

Otherwise < this > and subsequent post record my fitting of a fibreglass Surrey top.

Pete 

5 hours ago, elclem1 said:

Does anyone have a set of instructions for fitting a surrey top?

I have recently bought a surrey top set to fit to my TR5 but it didn't come with instructions. Before i start drilling the rear frame and windscreen frame i want to make sure the holes are in the right place etc etc even some photos of where the fixings go would be great. 

Many thanks in advance Clem  

Remove rear hood bar and drill out the captives with 8mm drill. Remove ally capping corners at "B" post top and check for a hole with a captive below it if not then you will need to drill and add a rivnut. position would be determined by the hole in the frame by the forward lower end. You will need to fit a stud into the rivnut about two inches long with a couple of rubber tap washers on and when the frame is fitted put a large washer and nut on (fit tap washers to all the studs under the rear frame too)  If the frame has the two studs adjacent to the forward deck extension then delete them. The windscreen capping will need changing for a Surrey type with the extra lip on the front which has a pop stud on either end. Remove the camlocks for the hood frame locks as thats where the roof bolts up through.You wont need to drill out the frame as the hole is already down through, dont forget to use the distance tubes up through the frame when bolting the roof down or it tends to squash the frame, you may need to ream the lower hole at the windscreen side to get the tube to fit as the repros are a thicker wall. Make sure you have the correct length bolts to fit the roof with as otherwise they will put a dent up in the roof.

Check the parts list here Surrey top

Stuart.

Thanks for that Stuart