tr3a brake switch whereabouts?

Hello 

Simple question,   working on the electrics, but where is the brake switch?    Right down on the chassis behind the front wheel?

Thanks

Dave

====

6 minutes ago, dpb said:

Hello 

Simple question,   working on the electrics, but where is the brake switch?    Right down on the chassis behind the front wheel?

Thanks

Dave

====

Correct.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart.

Very handy. Its not working anyway.   I think I'll put an electric switch in.   While I am at it,    is the dual master cylinder (brake and clutch)   worth keeping?  Or do people change it to a "normal"   two cylinder system?

Regards

Dave

====

1390904970_Brakelightswitch.thumb.jpg.4337543bf14c8aa1c00919e0a5d0d67f.jpg

Hydraulic brake light switch often replaced with mechanical type like this.  No need to remove the old one, just re- route the wires.

Bob

Thanks Bob,

That's what I will do.   I saw a link in an earlier post to a supplier of the switch,   and have ordered it.

Dave

17 hours ago, dpb said:

Thanks Stuart.

Very handy. Its not working anyway.   I think I'll put an electric switch in.   While I am at it,    is the dual master cylinder (brake and clutch)   worth keeping?  Or do people change it to a "normal"   two cylinder system?

Regards

Dave

====

You would need to change the mounting bracket for the masters as well if you wanted to go down the route of changing to individual supplied masters. Standard tank is OK as long as the top seal is good.

Stuart.

5 hours ago, stuart said:

You would need to change the mounting bracket for the masters as well if you wanted to go down the route of changing to individual supplied masters. Standard tank is OK as long as the top seal is good.

Stuart.

Thank you.