diff breather TR4A

Is there ant technical reason why I can't turn the rocker box round by 180 Degrees. I know the oil breather tube is on the left looking back from the front of the car but my car is not fitted with Emission Control valve. In fact the take of on the manifold  for this is now used for the vacuum to the servo. 

The reason I wish to turn the rocker box round I want to fit a oil catch tank and the best place I can find without it being in the way of something else is on the bulk head next to the the right hand side of the battery looking from the front back. 

The only reason I can think of at the moment the rocker box to the block is about the only place that doesn't leak on that engine.

Phil576393676_rockerboxcover.thumb.JPEG.f149e69de1406d085807a1e6c4ec112c.JPEG

1 hour ago, phil Dean said:

Is there ant technical reason why I can't turn the rocker box round by 180 Degrees. I know the oil breather tube is on the left looking back from the front of the car but my car is not fitted with Emission Control valve. In fact the take of on the manifold  for this is now used for the vacuum to the servo. 

The reason I wish to turn the rocker box round I want to fit a oil catch tank and the best place I can find without it being in the way of something else is on the bulk head next to the the right hand side of the battery looking from the front back. 

The only reason I can think of at the moment the rocker box to the block is about the only place that doesn't leak on that engine.

Phil576393676_rockerboxcover.thumb.JPEG.f149e69de1406d085807a1e6c4ec112c.JPEG

Weve been here before, it wont fit as the studs to hold the cover are offset.

Stuart.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Phil

Drill a hole in the cover and insert a threaded outlet with a load spreader inside - this will give you a left hand outlet. Just make sure you locktite it in place, otherwise it will work lose and destroy your valve gear - ask me how I know !

Regards

Tony 

I have already done it Tony a bit of a compromise tho. I didn't  want to remove the alloy rocker box cover until necessary as at the moment it doesn't leak. i already had the cheapo oil catch tank and made a bracket to suit. will monitor see how quickly it fills up. 

oil catch tank bracket 1.JPEG

oil catch tank with bracket and tank..JPEG

rocker box cover with pipe 2.JPEG