72 TR6 brake fitting sizes

I am setting out to change the brake pipes out on my TR6. The ones I am doing are the front 2/3rd of the car, i.e. everything up to the rear axle.

I decided to make the brake pipes myself but am not 100% clear on the fitting sizes.   

I believe the females sizes are 3/8 24 TPI.  I believe one or more of the master cylinder male connections is 7/16 UNF 20TPI and that the other may perhaps be 7/16 UNF 24 TPI                                                                                                                                                                      

Many thanks 

Tim                                                                           

Edited by Tim 72TR6
correction

From memory only   I used to make these for a living.

All UNF threads except on late 72 onwards the two caliper inlet pipe threads which are. Metric [?) M10.   The end to the flexible hose (GBH176) is 3/8x 24 unf.  So that short pipe has metric one end,  SAE the other.

3/8 x24 with 3/16 diameter pipe

plus 7/16 x 20 with 3/16 diameter pipe   One of the master cyl connections  ( I think)

Clutch is 7/16 x20 with 1/4 diameter pipe.

Be sure to check if it is single (bubble) flared or double flared is required on the pipe end   They chop and change to suit the thing they are sealing against.   Look at the thing it connects to.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Thanks Peter,

I am getting everything together to undertake this and will as you suggest look at the old items as reference when I go to make the new parts. I will be using the old pipes as patterns. 

Cheers

Tim 

1 hour ago, Tim 72TR6 said:

Thanks Peter,

I am getting everything together to undertake this and will as you suggest look at the old items as reference when I go to make the new parts. I will be using the old pipes as patterns. 

Cheers

Tim 

I always buy my fittings for new pipes from here https://www.automec.co.uk/

Stuart.