I acquired the subject TR2 in Feb 2017 and with a great deal of help from people on this forum completed a full restoration putting it back on the road in mid 2019. The car won the 2022 TR Register Concours and both the 2022 and 2023 TSOA concours. I have covered near 9,000kms in it and it is a truly delightful TR on the road.

In 2022 I acquired a very low mileage two owner TR3 so my garage was full with no room for a family car. I needed to move one on.

The TR2 has been sold to a young Australian enthusiast from Victoria who will, I hope, be the custodian for a very long time. He comes from a TR family and I couldn't have asked for a better new owner. I didn't advertise the car widely as I only wanted it to go to someone I thought would use it regularly and maintain it in its current form.

I took a photo of my gaggle of TRs before the red TR2 leaves the nest. I doubt I will ever have four of them again.

Four TRs 4.jpg

Well done John, always a difficult decision but there's forever a part of you within that car, and having found a good new owner for it you'll possibly be seeing it at events. even if infrequently.

Mick Richards 

Edited by Motorsport Mickey
  • 2 weeks later...

Was that the long door car you sold John? Absolutely beautiful rebuild that was :)

Great to think it's gone to a owner known to be from a family of enthusiasts, well done on finding a good custodian.

Edited by oxf2
spelling