How much does it cost to change a light bulb?

Part of the GPO apprentice training involved climbing up a telegraph pole, strapping a leather belt around the pole and yourself and then leaning backwards with arms outstretched to prove you had fitted the belt correctly.

If you simply clung onto the pole in fear the instructor would throw hammers/screwdrivers/pliers at your hands to make you let go.

I don’t suppose they are allowed to do that these days.

7 hours ago, keith1948 said:

Just in case anyone was wondering I am back off the roof now. Nice sunny day and no wind to speak of. I was only 20 feet or so off the ground.

Here is Fred Dibnah erecting a chimney scaffold at 200 feet above the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ma9iYx4rg

Somewhere I remember finding a video of him putting up the ladders to get over an overhang. 

As a teenager I once worked as a scaffolder and that scared me to death at times especially when it was wet and windy. No safety ropes but just a hard hat so I would be ok if I fell off head first.

Keith

As if the 1st video wasn't scary enough  seeing him casually fitting the corner pieces of wood as if he was at ground level