starter solenoid wiring

This should be simple , but every wiring diagram i've seen has only one brown wire on the  solenoid to battery terminal,   and that goes off to the ammeter via the fuse box. 

However,   there are two brown wires on mine,   and both appear to go into the original wiring loom,  and both are the same diameter.  One must go to the fuse box. 

Any ideas on the second brown?

Regards

Dave

====

I've just had another look and it seems there is only one brown wire on the A1 terminal on the fuse box,   and thus I'm guessing that the second brown wire on the solenoid goes direct to the ammeter.    Does anybody else have this arrangement?

Regards

Dave

====

If you look at the diagram for a TR4 rather than a 4A there is a second brown wire shown going to the horns via an in-line fuse.  Could it be that?  Things can get changed over 50 years +

Hi Rob,

This is a 3A I'm working on (should have said so) . I just had a look at the 4 diagram,   and indeed there are 2 browns. Mine is similar but slightly different in that it doesn't have an in-line fuse but goes direct to A1 on the fuse box.   A bit of a mish mash of the the two wiring types it would seem.

Anyway, mystery solved I think. Now to replace the solenoid which doesn't work - like most things on this car.

Thanks 

Dave