TR3A Overdrive Misbehaving.

1 hour ago, RobH said:

Well remembered Hamish - though I hope the stick doesn't have a 'gator but rather a gaiter. 

Gator:

https://www.uglyhedgehog.com/t-742245-1.html

(sorry - couldn't resist) :rolleyes:

Sorry crocodile 

On 1/23/2024 at 4:05 PM, Bob Birdsall said:

My TR3a overdrive keeps jumping in and out of over drive when engaged or not engaged - any ideas?

Thanks.

Bob

Thanks for all the feedback to my post but problem is hopefully solved.

During my faultfinding the battery went flat and and I replaced it, subsequently the overdrive has started working again - why I don't know, I can only assume that there wasn't enough voltage to work the overdrive unit, although the car was starting just fine - just maybe one of life's mysteries.

Thanks for all your input, but it was the last thing that I would have thought was the problem.

Bob 

But you said it was jumping in & out of overdrive while driving - the battery would have been on charge then, so voltage level would have been fine. ?

Bob

On 1/29/2024 at 9:49 PM, Lebro said:

But you said it was jumping in & out of overdrive while driving - the battery would have been on charge then, so voltage level would have been fine. ?

Bob

Thanks Bob, that was my assumption too but I went for a drive with a new battery and the overdrive behaved itself, although sometimes slow in engaging overdrive so it could be intermittent which as you would know is the worst fault to find. I can only assume that it is the Solenoid as I don't think that there is a problem with the wiring or the switch as I have checked both.