Hello Everyone and Happy New Year. My new year started with a bang from the starter motor! To recap I fitted an overdrive gearbox to my TR2 last year along with a later flywheel and starter motor, not a fan of the original cush drive starter motor. The starter motor went bang then it clattered and went quiet, it turns but doesn't engage. On investigation the starter gear had split in two so I wonder whether it was correct, it had 11 teeth. I have a couple of spare starters with 10 teeth so I wonder which is correct? Incidentally the starter I used was a Lucas M45G, not correct which explained the tight fit while the spares are the correct Lucas M418G.

Cheers Richard

M45G starter I think is Daimler Jaguar  and some Land Rovers type. Looks like a slightly bigger version of the TR Starter for bolt on ring gear.    
Yes I too think the gear should have 10 teeth.