Windscreen rubber and chrome insert, suppliers.

Hi, I am looking for some help regards getting a hold of a new rubber seal and chrome insert for my TR5 windscreen. I was about to get the windscreen replaced today, the supplier asked if I have a new seal and chrome insert? Needless to say I don't! Just looking to see if anyone has used a supply company in the UK for both, and if so, could you please let me know who you used.  Thanks John

Edited by John Brown
wrong spelling!
  • John Brown changed the title to Windscreen rubber and chrome insert, suppliers.

The Moss rubber is the best fit I have found, they will also supply the insert and its joiner. Dont forget to fit the insert into the rubber before fitting the screen items 7,8 and 9 here https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr5-6/exterior/windscreens-glazing-fittings/windscreen-tr5-6-1967-76.html

Stuart.

And there was me thinking you wanted to know who made 913442 originally.

It was.   Russells  Rubber.   Now gone.

https://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Russells_Rubber_Co

The chromed plastic bits 611437 and 613954 were made by a company in Warwickshire but I forget their name now    They  used to make plastic mudguards for bicycles by the ton.   The manufacturing process was interesting to watch.